Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week Three: Edits


Apparently, we're celebrating ducks as a class this week. Really, I think they're the only fauna left in town.





1. It's a Crowd - Blur: Rexburg Nature Park, 1-24-10, f 2.7, 1/125. Tried to copy the Picasa blur effect using Guassian blur and mask.
2. It's a Crowd - Burned Edges: Rexburg Nature Park, 1-24-10, f2.7, 1/125. Sharpened, blurred edges, added a black border and reduced the opacity.
3. Color Kids: Rexburg Nature Park, 1-24-10, f 2.7, 1/250, Sharpened, blurred edges, added a black border and reduced the opacity.
4. The Chase: Rexburg Nature Park, 1-24-10, f2.7, 1/1000, edited for a touch of blur on the edges.

Okay, so I know that the fourth one has little to no editing - but I love the moment. You should have seen this darling girl squeal and run when the ducks turned to come after her.

P.S. I tried to get away from the hard lines when I burned the edges, but couldn't seem to do it. It doesn't look too bad, but I'm hoping for the one simple thing I'm missing. Ideas?


4 comments:

  1. I love the crowded duck photo. You captured some beautiful colors. The middle duck looked up at the perfect time too! Very well composed. The filter you used adds to the crowded look and strengthens the focal point. I really like your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I really like the crowded duck too. The radial blur looks cool. Its cute how the duck in the center is looking right at you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crowded duck was awesome very professional. The color and the detail was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first picture of the ducks is awesome! Has a great blur!

    ReplyDelete